Sunday, December 18, 2016

What Kind of Socks should I Give?

Thank you for collecting socks for the homeless!

What Kind of Socks Should I Donate?
All NEW socks are welcome! Adults, men, women, children, etc. I have a place for them all.
I suggest you buy socks for the target population that is closest to your heart.  

For example:
-Homeless men living on the street = New, thick, thermal socks (black or white); or dressy too (think interviews or church); or athletic

-Homeless children's shelter  = All kids socks work for this group because they usually attend school

-Homeless women = Women socks athletic or dressy

In other words, you can't go wrong!  If your group has a particular shelter that you want to donate to ...aim toward that target population.

(there is a list of Indianapolis homeless service organizations at socksforthehomeless.blogspot.com)

I hope this helps.

Shay Spivey
Socks for the Homeless, Inc.